Whole30 – Home of the original Whole30 program. Change your life in 30 days.
Above is the digital copy of all the info you need. What’s provided next is a brief description of the rules, how to participate, and challenge maintenance/happenings as the 30 days goes by.
Rules straight from the Whole30 book:
“We ask that you dedicate yourself to following these rules 100 percent for the duration of your program — no slips, cheats, or special occasions.
– DO NOT CONSUME ADDED SUGAR OF ANY KIND, REAL OR ARTIFICIAL. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, NutraSweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.
Here are the most basic guidelines:
Yes: Eat meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and natural fats.
No: Do not consume sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, or dairy. Do not consume baked goods or “treats”. Do not weigh or measure yourself.”
***The long-winded version of the rules can be found on pages 4-9 of the above loaded PDF or pages 13-15 of the hardcopy book we have at the box.
Challenge Maintenance/Point System:
Points will be hard to come by and they go as follows . . .
1) +3 Points for eating 100% Whole30 each day
2) -1 Point for each serving of non-Whole30 food you eat (honor system, no one likes a cheater!)
3) +1 Point for participating in each Challenge WOD (there are 5 and your scores do not matter)
4) In order of first, second, and third, the top three individuals who improve best on the test/re-test WOD will receive bonus points of 10, 5, and 2 respectively.
IMPORTANT: the fittest athletes in the beginning of the challenge will most likely NOT be the ones who improve the most in the final week.
How to sign up:
$30 buy-in to register. BUT, fear not, we’re not in the business of “nickel and diming”. ALL OF THE BUY-IN MONEY IS GETTING DISTRIBUTED TO THE TOP 3 FINISHERS! Amount is dictated by how many get involved so ante up, shit just got real!
We have a list going in a spreadsheet to keep track of names, scores, and point totals at the end of each week. Get on it.
It is vital to not get overwhelmed with how the point system works. You need to do a couple basic things.
1. Keep up with your food log (use MyFitnessPal, a journal, your phone, or a google spreadsheet)
2. Maintain communication with box folks so as to motivate each other
3. Participate to the fullest extent in terms of coming to classes as much as possible and hit the Bonus WOD each week.
The rest will take care of itself.