To our Herd – our family and friends,
The Coronavirus is creating worldwide panic, but we wanted to share some good news with you.
First: Being a member a Bovine means you’ve done everything you can to prepare yourself for a sickness; you’ve put your health and fitness first. Strong, fit people are hard to kill, and they bounce back fast. Mess with the Bull, get the horns – watch out Coronavirus!
Second: Luckily, we have the benefit of time. We have friends abroad who are already in very tough positions – some forced to close overnight. However, time is on our side – time to plan, which is exactly what we’ve been doing.
Third: Being a boutique health and fitness center, we have the pleasure to personally know each member. We also carefully coach each and every class and can, therefore, know, with almost 100% certainty who is at the gym, when, and why. We can also know, with almost 100% certainty, what equipment they’ve touched. This environment is intentionally different than most all other gyms. And that advantage helps us keep a more sanitary facility.
Fourth: You, our members, are our number one priority. Our team has spent the last few days collaborating with fellow gyms, coaches, and mentors across five continents on how to best to serve you.
How You Can Help For Now – CrossFit Bovine’s Daily Best Practices
- Please do not come to the gym if you feel sick or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms. Instead, email me at Jennifer@CrossFitBovine.com with a list of available equipment and space, and we’ll put together a fitness plan for you.
- Wash your hands (uh, yup) regularly and avoid touching your face.
- The gym is stocked with extra hand sanitizer, Lysol, and other disinfectants. Please use the disinfectant spray and paper towels to wipe down all the equipment after your class.
- Don’t forget to register for classes. Log into the PushPress Members app and select “Classes” from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner. We will continue to use our iPad to check into classes for now, but if you prefer, you can ask a coach to sign you in as well.
- Spread out — We are a small family with a lot of gym space! Its recommended to keep an average safe distance of 6 feet. While this isn’t always doable, our large facility make it much easier to give yourself some extra room.
- Celebrate each other and have fun! Let’s just get creative with our celebrations…. Bootay bumps? Elbow taps? Nods of approval? Let’s see what ends up on Tik Tok!
Our Long-Term Plans
Our team is planning for all possible scenarios, including government-mandated closure due to Covid-19. We WILL NOT stop coaching or delivering fitness and health services if a closure does occur.
It just so happens that we’ve been busy behind the scenes at CrossFit Bovine developing remote services. We’ve had many requests for CF Bovine’s coaching from those who live travel often or live too far away. so we’ve been working on it for a while now.
Because of the recent events, we are changing directions and focusing this entire plan towards you, our current clients, as a way to continue your health and fitness if needed. More info regarding this will be coming soon.
Fingers crossed, we will be allowed to stay open through this storm. However, if we are required to close, we WILL NOT leave you to fend for yourselves. The last thing we want is for your health and fitness to decline!
If you have any concerns about your membership whatsoever, please reach out to me personally, and we can discuss it. Though, I am very humbled and thankful for the OVERWHELMINGLY positive response from our clients. The Herd is truly amazing, and we will do everything in our power to keep you healthy and strong.
Ps. If you are not currently a member of the Herd but are interested in learning more about our remote coaching options, please reach out to me.