Pasta is a carb that is universally a favorite. It’s filling, yummy, and it has you craving for more. However, sometimes it’s hard to control portion sizes and eat pasta day-in and day-out because it can often lack healthy fats and solid amounts of protein.
But we have a solution to that: Greek Coucous Salad with Chicken! Couscous is a type of pasta, but is much smaller in size. Dressing this cousin of your typical pasta-noodle with olives (a healthy fat), some veggies, and some chicken is a perfect way to keep eating your favorite foods.
Check it out below!
Greek Couscous Salad : Serves 4-6
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese cubed
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Fresh mint, chopped up
- Fresh dill, chopped up
- Cook two chicken breasts with salt and pepper in an oven. Remove and set to the size once fully cooked.
- Cook the 1 cup of couscous with 1.5 cups water. Once fully cooked, take off the heat, fluff up with a fork, drain in cold water, and set to the size.
- Once the couscous is ready, mix in the chicken, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, mint, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and dill into a large bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
*inspired by thehealthyfoodie.com!
*Credit Nikita Tiffany. Follow @niki.eats for more cool food action!