Dinner is always tricky. It’s the end of the day and you want something that is nutritious and filling, yet easy to make. While meal-prepped chicken can make your life a lot easier, sometimes your taste buds crave something else.
One of the easiest recipes we’ve come across that hits all these criteria is this garlic butter shrimp with asparagus recipe below. It’s low carbs but full of healthy proteins and fats, meaning that it will hit all your nutritional goals for the day.
Let’s get cooking.
- 1.5lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, each
- Less than ¼ cup vegetable stock
- Lemon juice and rind
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute asparagus until just cooked. Season with salt and pepper and set to the side.
- Add three tablespoons of butter to the same pan and add in the shrimp. Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Add in the vegetable stock once shrimp is cooked.
- Add the asparagus to the pan once again and cook the shrimp and asparagus together. Garnish with lemon juice, a light dusting of the lemon rind, and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
*inspired by eatwell101.com!
*Credit Nikita Tiffany. Follow @niki.eats for more cool food action!