Sunday mornings are perfect for brunch, some family time, and a relaxed day for the mind, body, and soul. Making your own food Sunday morning should be simple, but filling.
Below, we have an easy recipe for some protein waffles that will make you, your family, and your friends asking for more.
Blueberry Protein Waffles | Serves 1 (around 2 waffles)
Calories: 178 | Carbs 20 | Protein 22 | Fat 2
1 scoop (about 23g) or serving vanilla protein powder (whey, plant-based protein powder, etc)
1/3 c egg whites
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ c mashed banana
¼ c blueberries
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-low heat. Set to the side.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray. Scoop half the batter onto a non-stick waffle iron and cook.
- Repeat with other half of the batter.
- Serve warm and top with more berries. Enjoy!
*Credit Nikita Tiffany. Follow @niki.eats for more cool food action!