Banana bread is a great pick-me-up. It’s rich, yummy, and paired with a cup of coffee or tea, it’s incredibly filling.
Most of the time, banana bread is filled with sugar, bleached flour, and other ingredients that tend to weigh you down. However, making a few substitutes to the ingredients make it a good snack, or even a nice pre or post workout treat.
BANANA BREAD | Yields 6-8 servings
1/2 c oat flour (put in food processor or purchase)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 mashed brown bananas
1/3 c melted coconut oil
1/2 c honey
1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Grease a bread pan with cooking spray and set aside. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon). Set aside. Then mix in mashed bananas and melted coconut oil until combined. Once well mixed, stir in honey, greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla until completely smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. Place in pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan. Slice, spread with butter, and enjoy!
*inspired by twopeasandtheirpod
*Credit Nikita Tiffany. Follow @niki.eats for more cool food action!